It all began with an organic cotton throw Founders Benita Goldblatt and Jess Diehl founded Zestt in 2013 to bring beauty and joy into homes through well designed gifts and textiles. But when they decided to add an organic cotton throw to the line, the mission got bigger. What makes this throw blanket organic? One simple question that uncovered a desire to do more than design beautiful things.
"We realized that the goods we create were going to have an impact on those who created them. We wanted it to be a positive one." Benita Goldblatt & Jess Diehl, Co-Founders
Ethically Crafted + Sustainably Sourced
Zestt was launched in 2013 by longtime friends Benita Goldblatt & Jess Diehl. Benita, an interior designer and Jess, a consultant didn't set out to redefine ethical standards for home goods, but when they received a sample of an organic cotton throw and did a quick Google search, they realized it needed to be a part of their plan. As the pair learned more about how cotton was traditionally grown, farmed and processed, they realized that they wanted their blankets, bedding and kitchen linens to be different. This started with buying cotton grown from non-GMO seeds and raised without pesticides and harmful chemicals. But they also learned that it went further than this. That the way these items were processed also needed to be carefully managed and overseen, from toxic free dyes to socially responsible factories.
Zestt: OUR STANDARDS
- Organic: Textiles that are made with organically grown cotton and crafted with safe and toxin free dyes, certified by the Global Organic Textile Standard.
- Handcrafted: Goods created through partnerships with talented artisans who are paid fair wages for their talents.
- Socially responsible: Products made in facilities verified to meet guidelines regarding fair pay and treatment of workers.
- Sweatshop free: All of our goods are 3rd party verified to be made by adult workers being paid fair wages and working in socially conscious factories.
- GOTS Certified: Zestt is product to be a GOTS certified company, demonstrating that our products carrying this seal are guaranteed from seed to store to be free of pesticides, harmful chemicals and harsh dyes. One of the most stringent markers of organic cotton goods, it also ensures that the production process of our textiles is ethical and fair. Learn more about the life-cycle of a GOTS certified product.
GOTS: Global Organic Textile Standards
Zestt is proud to be a GOTS (Global Organic Textile Standard) certified company, demonstrating that our products carrying this seal are guaranteed from seed to store to be free of pesticides, harmful chemicals and harsh dyes. One of the most stringent markers of organic cotton goods, it also ensures that the production process of our textiles is ethical and fair. Learn more about our products.
- SEEDS Organic cotton products start with non-GMO seeds which are more affordable for farmers.
- FARMING No pesticides or toxic chemicals are utilized in the farming of certified organic cotton which is better for farmers + end consumers.
- MANUFACTURING GOTS certified factories must show that their textile production meets strict environmental and social standards. Testing is also completed to ensure dyes and packaging are safe and toxin free.
- HOME Buying a certified product from your favorite store means you’ve made a healthier choice for your home + for those who crafted your new purchase.
ZESTT Do Better Mission
Environmentally Conscious | 100% Organic Cotton
Socially Responsible | Third-Party Verified
Natural softness | Combing & Washing, Never Harmful Chemicals
Comfort, Quality and Transparency are at the heart of everything we do.
We’re on a mission to create safer textiles for your family and to do better for everyone we meet along the way. Comfort, Quality and Transparency are at the heart of everything we do. Our product line focuses on GOTS certified organic textiles for home, travel and baby. Each product is crafted with non-GMO cotton from safer farms, processed without toxic dyes and chemicals and crafted at socially responsible facilities with fair pay and safe conditions.
We believe in comfort.
We want to help customers find balance by creating comfort in their home, while also seeking adventures in the world.
Everyone deserves to treat themselves and the ones they love with the little luxuries in life.
Every Zestt organics product should provide a soft foundation for family memories, big and small.
We believe in quality.
Purchasing high quality, well made products improves the world by paying fair wages to craftsmen, reducing our environmental footprint and resulting in items that last longer.
Fast fashion in home decor is overrated. Give us designs, colors & cozy textiles that will last for years, not months.
When you only buy things you love that last, it creates more space in your life for living.
We believe in transparency.
The world is interconnected. Decisions that we make every day have an impact on the world around us.
Fair trade and social responsibility are vital mechanisms to build strong companies, well-paid workers and self-sustaining communities.
Women supporting each other are critical to economic success. By working with factories where women are properly paid for their skills, they will be able to contribute to the economic stability of their families and be a stronger part of family decisions.